Marble is a sort of rock composed of recrystallized material most commonly limestone. The white marble stems from the very pure form of limestone. Colors and veins from the masonry appear when other substances are present in the earth’s crust along with limestone. Marble gives a soft appearance and provides elegance to the modern age structures.
Implementation of Raw Material
To implement marble floors in almost any place, you would need marble stone, Coarse Sand, Ordinary Cement, White Cement, Pigment, and Polishing Material. Marble stone is put on the base coat with 20 mm thick cement mortar 1:3 and the joint ought to be filled with cement mixed with pigment. After curing it should be polished.
Marble floors are considered very stylish and the subsequent 3 kinds of finishes could be awarded to marble
- Polished Finish
- Hone Finish
- Sand or abrasive end.
- Marble is easy to maintain and maybe re-polished if you need to bring back the glow.
- Marble is a porous material so if powerful stain material is spilled on marble, it’s recommended to wash it quickly so that the marble doesn’t absorb the stain
- For general upkeep, you only need to wipe off the marble to eliminate the stains.
- Polishing can be done after a few years to return the shine.
- Marble flooring is known for its exceptional, royal, and decorative look. It’s considered a fashion emblem.
- Marble flooring is durable.
- Marble with matte finishes makes high excellent kitchen countertops exceptionally.
- Marble is also known for its’ versatility in the art a from sculptures to monuments and from wall tiles to floor tiles.
- The cool surface of marble tiled flooring can be quite pleasant and comfortable underfoot during the summers.
- Marble flooring is quite easy to keep and needs occasional sweeping and shining.
- Marble stone is cool underfoot so, in areas where the temperature is generally reduced for a longer duration, you might choose to mix this flooring sort with other flooring types to provide warmth to a design.
- Marble is rather expensive. If you’d like a nearly pure white look to space, you’ll want to purchase expensive marble stone,
- Marble is heavy in weight thus structure strength of the inherent area ought to be ascertained before placing it.
- Require routine upkeep.
- Not acceptable for high traffic areas as it might eliminate shine.
It is used in flooring in the interior and exterior of buildings except for pathway and corridors etc. It is also used on walls decoration.
Marble stone comes from rocks that are not uniform and have a dimension 10 to15 feet in length and 5 to 8 ft in width. The stone slabs are then cut and sold in the market.
Marble stone is offered in 10 to 20 millimeters in thickness. The price of this marble fluctuates if the thickness changes so are certain you understand the depth of the marble being offered to you. The thicker the marble, the greater it’s from a strength standpoint.
Marble is a tough, sound, and dense stone.
Wooden flooring is available as hardwood flooring, laminated flooring, engineered flooring, bamboo flooring. Here we write about hardwood floors produced from the hardwood. Solid hardwood flooring comes in a massive assortment of styles and every plank is made from solid wood from one piece of timber.
Implementation Raw Substance
The hardwood flooring is implemented on top of another floor which could be cemented base flooring or another kind of flooring. By way of example, in an entirely new place base coat should be compacted concrete foundation. Once the subfloor is ready, the flooring seller usually offers installation together with the material and put it in the floor using.
- Glue down
- Nail down or Staple down method
Wooden flooring is deemed rich and stylish. They’re available in several patterns and provide a warm feeling to a flooring. The flooring can be treated to provide glow using the following remedies
- Oil-modified urethane, Moisture-cured urethane treatment
- Water-based urethane treatment
- Penetrating Sealers,
- Wooden flooring is mostly endangered by moist/wet conditions so get rid of the water on the floor as soon as possible.
- For cleansing, you can utilize vacuum cleaner and minor mop or damp mop every day to eliminate the dirt and grit.
- Do not drag the furniture on the flooring, just attempt to lift them to avoid the scratches.
- Wooden flooring can be susceptible to discoloring and may catch stain so such material ought to be cleaned whenever possible.
- Re-polish the wooden floor after 5 or 6 Decades of this installation.
Wooden flooring generates heat from the flooring as it will not become cold in colder temperatures making it ideal for lower temperature areas.
Wooden flooring seems luxurious and comfy and if merged with another kind of flooring provides a designer look to a room.
- Wooden flooring is more likely to termite attack so if your home has termite issue then prevent this flooring. Though there are many termite resistant versions of wooden flooring are available in the market, yet it’s not clear how successful they are.
- Discoloration of this flooring happens in high usage areas.
- Wooden flooring has a tendency to accumulate dust which could cause an unhealthy environment if it’s not cleaned regularly.
- These floorings are not fire-resistant.
- Chemical emission from the sealer or surface impacts the health adversely during the setup interval.
The wooden flooring be utilized in interior and also as exterior deck floors were normally designed wood is favored for exteriors
The length of the board shall not exceed 3 meters and width should be not less than 100mm and not more than 150 mm.
- 19 mm to 25 mm thickness is usually used for laying wooden board floors.
- Whereas in the case of wooden block floors the thickness is 38 mm.
Security from dust
Wooden shutters are usually designed with grooves and as the thickness of this ply/board/ or alternative material is usually less when compared with the wood frame of the door, the odds of dust collection are more.
Wooden shutters have greater expansion or contraction with a change of weather. However this problem can be minimized in case shutters might be framed from the seasoned wood.
Wooden shutters relatively have less power because of variation in depth or change of materials like glass, wire gauze, etc…
Wooden shutters are influenced by termite if solid wood is used in the walls.
It is durable and hard but having a denting and scratching problem.